Making buttons (this seems more complex than it really is!)
1. In Photoshop I started by drawing a rectangle 75 pixels wide by 15 pixels
high. One coloured red the other pale green. Both colours were intended to contrast
with a dark green background. The pale green will be normally visible and will
become red when the mouse rolls over the button.
2. Open the files "redbtn" and the file "palegreen btn" both in Photoshop format. Enlarge view of btns to 500%
3. Choose the sampler / pipette tool to copy the two basic colours.
4. Use Helvetica 12pt text and write green lettering on red and red on green.
5. Save each file in Photoshop format
6. Open the red button with green text in Graphic Converter [this can be done in Fireworks or in Photoshop]. Compress layers. Change to 4 colours - 2Bit (Picture / Colours menu) Use invisible tool (magic wand) to convert red areas to transparent. Save as gif format